BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday 23 June 2011

Final Animal Video:


Animal Costumes Music Video:
This task was the first preliminary task we were set whereby we were asked to pick an audio track from a list of about seven and using the animal costume footage, we were then asked to choose any clip we would like to edit and add special effects too so that we could incorporate this into our new animal music video by matching the footage with the beat of the song. Over the duration of this task I was able to experiment with changing the speed of the footage, so I learnt how I could slow it down or speed it back up, I learnt how to use the reverse tool, where you copy the original footage and select the reverse button so the footage begins to reverse backwards. Lastly, I got to use wireframe again which I used in my AS thriller evaluations, so although I was already familiar with this process, I was still given the opportunity to revise what I had already learnt and see whether I could put into practice and make the footage in this music video successful with the use of wireframe.





The screen grab illustrated on the right of the page demonstrates the different techniques I used in order to modify the speed, in that I was able to either speed up or slow down the original piece of footage. I found it interesting to apply this method to specific shots in my animal costume music video for the reason that when certain shots slowed down or sped up it happened to fit in accordingly with the audio so it matched well together.



This shot illustrates where I decided to use the ‘reverse tool’ to show how in one shot the animals are moving sideways one way and then seconds later they go back in the direction they had previously come from. This is a very efficient technique to use in music videos as it often looks as though you are turning back time, as the characters would reverse, going backwards.




Finally, this is a screen grab depicting the ways in which I used ‘wire framing’ to place two separate images onto the same screen illustrating two very different pieces of footage. By using this technique it allows the audience to see two different shots from the same music video, but rather than one shot being shown one after the other, wire framing gives you the opportunity to view a numerous amounts of shots on the same screen at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment