BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday 23 June 2011

Preliminary Excerise: Nicole Scherzinger "Right There" Lip Sync



Lip Syncing to Nicole Scherzinger - Right There:
Since completing my second preliminary task that is, my lip syncing exercise I  have developed a wide range of skills in that I have learnt how to use markers on the Final Cut Express timeline to select points where I can place sections of my video and audio into the correct places. In my lip sync video both Khushel and I used markers on the audio timeline so that when it came to matching the correct shot to the correct section of the audio it would match up well together. When Khushel and I came to filming our music video we wanted to make sure that the lip syncing was accurate and was close to the lyrics as possible so that when we came to edit the footage on Final Cut Express the visual imagery would fit to the audio brilliantly and hopefully look as though it was a successful lip syncing exercise. 

The only thing that we picked up on whilst editing our footage was that when we were filming we started to cut too early and didn’t let the footage play on for a little longer. Due to this error, we sadly ended up having sections in the music video whereby the audio carried on a few seconds longer yet we had no shots to fill those spaces, so we had to edit some of the footage we previously had which highlighted scenes where Khushel and I were simply standing around and incorporate this into our music video instead.

However, since then we have learnt then whenever you film something, always let the camera roll and the people participating in the video to continue with what they were doing so that you always have extra footage if needed in emergencies. All in all, it is these tools which will allow me to improve my editing skills in post production in media and increase my knowledge of what can be achieved in media altogether.

1 comment:

  1. Great start, Yasmin. The synchronisation is good throughout and you did a good job performing! Make sure the lyrics are toned down for your actual project and offer room for creativity and interpretation.
    Do correct the spelling mistake in your post title by editing your post.

    ReplyDelete