BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday 3 October 2011

Digipak Research:

I have decided to analyse each of these digipack albums for the reason that I am hoping to gain ideas when creating and commencing my own design for my artists digipack album covers. Below are the three digipack albums I found on the internet that represent the genre of music that our artist fits into, that is, R&B. The artists we chose, "Beyonce, Christina Aguilera and Rihanna" are all R&B artists, so by researching and looking into their digipack albums we realised that this would help us a lot when wanting to design our digipack album so that it would fit accordingly into the R&B genre.

Beyonce's Digipak

Christina Aguilera Digipak
 Rihanna Digipak

Although I like this particular format for the digipack album, both Khushel and I have decided to create a DVD digipak as we both prefer this type of format as the CD format looks like it is too squashed down and it can be quite difficult to read the text.


I have also attached my first inital idea drawings that I sketched out as a possible digipack for my artists album cover. When designing this digipack I took notes from the digipacks showcased above when creating my own one. One of the things I noticed with the albums above is that in each of them there was always a photograph of the artist posing in somesort and this was usually inputted onto one of the inside panels, so I sketched out an image of the artist holding a microphone and posing to the camera in order for her to promote herself on the album. The inital ideas of my digipack are depicted below.

Whole of Digipack:

Front Cover of Digipack

First Inside Panel of Digipack

CD for Album (Second Panel of Digipack)

Back Cover of Digipack


 

No comments:

Post a Comment